Tuesday, January 1, 2013

.:Chances are:.

Chances come in all forms, colors, shapes, & sizes, but none of them are as amazing as the ones you take. 
                                        -me  


Chances usually something I tend to avoid, at all costs.  No risks, no changes, just simple so I can coast through life and 'grin-n-bear' it.  They were something foreign, something scary, and something far beyond what I had already experienced.  In the last year, I began taking chances and seeing the world through a different set of eyes. With the help of my loving husband, I learned the glass really is half-full.  I had always thought that is was but barriers or obstacle seemed to always get in the way and my thoughts were lead astray. When you drink from the glass, chances refill that glass. If you don't take the chances, the water dries up and you lose sight of the happiness. You have to look at every opportunity as something positive, it may be drastic or it may be minor, but when positive, you can never go wrong. 

Without my husband, I would not be doing some of the things I am doing today nor the ones I plan to do in the future. He is an optimistic dreamer who fights bad things all the time by taking chances to better his life. I am inspired by his outgoing, funny, positive personality.  I am now striving to fulfill my dreams of helping the youth and give them the chance of higher education. I cannot wait to become a certified teacher for grades k-12.

With these degree, comes endless chances and possibilities that will somehow better our life together. My degree could take me anywhere in the U.S.  Ultimately, my ideal place would be our hometown.  Buy a home with some property and live happily ever after.   Another would be to take a teaching job up in Alaska, that's a huge chance to change our lives.  Another would be to pick up and move to where the work is. More than anything, as long as I am with my husband, life will be good wherever the chances take us.

This year I plan to take as many chances as I can while I am in school. I want to begin to change my lifestyle and boost my self-confidence & self-esteem. I want to be more outgoing without scaring off every person I met. (("Wow! She is crazy!" or "Did she really just say that?....Awkward!)) I want to be a better person and really make a difference in my lifestyle. By BLOGGING every day, I plan to stay on top of this plan and encourage myself to take be steps and open my eyes & mind to bigger and better things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment