Sunday, January 6, 2013

{Butts}&Guts

Here it is, the 6th day of 2013, and I am feeling the holiday blues.  The only reason the blues have stuck around this long is because I haven't had the time to re-coop from the constant driving and the eating. I have had no time to exercise or work on eating right. I have had no time because I haven't taken the time.

The trays crackers, meats, cheeses, plates of buns & specialty loafs, & of course the holiday desserts & treats that linger all day long because everyone is either too afraid to eat them or have already had one too many themselves. All of this comes with the season of Christmas and I need a lot of will power to stay away from the carbs & sweets.

I am one of the few people that actually understand that feeling better & losing weight comes with exercise and eating right. This summer & last I managed to lose 15 lbs...and almost 20.  I had never felt better but both times, I started out my routines slow & easy and worked my way into. And both times, I managed to injure my back and nearly gain all but a few pounds back. I felt so alive and so healthy and very conscious.

I daydream of exercising to feel better and nothing pains me more than knowing that I have no idea what it is that will make me feel healthy without killing my body. I do know that at this point, I need to be a realist and learn to say no to the bad foods and stop overeating to compensate for not feeling well.

With all the Go.Go.Go this month, I really thought I would stay busy enough not to eat so terribly but it is the complete opposite of that. I am hoping that tomorrow I will wake up feeling refreshed enough to get a start on this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment