As I sit at my desk, I am thinking of all the healthy choices I have been making and will continue to make. I should be doing the three most important assignments that are due this week, but instead I procrastinate. Any way, I found the key to being healthy is not to plan one week, one month, or even a just a few days ahead. Health is about taking it one day at a time and setting the right goals to achieve maximum results. A person must think about three things on their road to a healthy living: food, exercise, and staying positive.
Yesterday, I started my second health challenge after looking in the mirror and feeling absolutely horrified. After one month of going to the gym with my bestie, I took two weeks off due to busy school schedules. Boy, do I regret it. The challenge I am currently working on is a 24-day ab challenge.
This challenge gives me a goal each day to meet, including rest days, in order to master the crunch, leg raise, and plank exercises. So far, so good. The planks are my most challenging because I can really feel it in my back, which is not at its strongest these days. I have had to cut of 2 secs each goal, but I would rather have a healthy back then meet the full goal. Today, I mastered 8 crunches, 8 leg raises, and 10 planks, completing two sets of crunches and leg raises.
The ab-challenge is not the only goal I must meet. I must also complete 20 minutes of cardio each day. So far, so good. Yesterday, I completed 37 minutes on the elliptical and today I attempted 40 minutes, but only reached 34 minutes. (It sounds like an excuse, but once I feel my back muscles starting to flare, I stop.) Along with the elliptical, I also completed 10 minutes of fast paced walking to keep me awake while writing this blog and, supposedly, the first paper of three.
Ab Challenge, Check ✓ 20+ minutes of cardio, Check Check ✓✓ Now, all I need is to make healthier eating choices. This fall and summer I managed to prepare dozens of meals and stick them in the fridge for easy nights of popping something in the microwave or slow cooking all day. However, not all of them were the healthiest. Yesterday, I started my "No Pop, No Sugar" diet. By diet, I mean eat less, feel better. I say ex-nay on soda all together, but yesterday I made a german chocolate cake with sugar-free frosting for my husband and had I slice. Who says I can't taste test my own baking? <3
So, I have the "No Pop, No Sugar" thing decided, but now its time to eat healthy meals with unprocessed all natural foods, like fruits, veggies, nuts, venison, beef, pork, and chicken. All of these meat I will have hunted and butchered or received from the butcher shop. Salads and homemades soups are other great ways to eat healthy. I have been making homemade soups for the last two weeks, and my husband is enjoying it, too!
Last, remember when I said, a person must have a positive attitude when making healthy choices? This is one thing I have been working on for a few months, now. Every day, I write a positive quote on my message board in the laundry room for my own inspiration. Each day gets better and with every day, I move a sticky tab from one side to the other. If I have a really bad, negative day all of these stickies go back to the one side. It is almost like those work safety "Days Without Injury" signs. This reinforcement allows me to work towards my goal and hopefully start living more positive and fulfilling lifestyle.
These posts will not be so long during my challenge, but I needed to set up a online tracker. If I journal each day, I will have better success at reaching my ultimate goal. To feel healthier, happier, and accomplished.
Today's inspirational quote:

No comments:
Post a Comment