Tuesday, February 12, 2013

.:Determination will get you through it:.

Did you know that: "more than 1/3 of U.S. adults and 17% of U.S. children fall under the category of obesity?" Since 1980, obesity rates doubled for adults and tripled for children and its increasing everyday. It's reality and it's very scary!  This is a result of not being conscience of what we take in everyday. Food, television, lazy Sundays, and other bad habits form obesity.  Obesity causes many health conditions like Sleep apnea, liver & gall bladder disease, osteoarthritis, and Type 2 Diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is what scares me the most. I have had two grandparents who have had it, two great-aunts have it, and every day I see people around me are suffering from it and don't realize it.  It's brought on by the foods we eat and exercise we do or don't do. 
Eating healthy and being active is critical for our everyday lifestyles and I, for one, am guilty of doing just the opposite most days. Today, I am changing that. I am going to make an effort to work out using my new TurboFire DVD set from Beachbody and use my MSU-N health class to gain some insight on healthy ways to eat and live. Everyday I note what I eat and try to maintain and healthy diet using the Food Pyramid. It's the most solid nutritional diet out there. I will be keeping a daily journal on blogger to help monitor my progress and stay on track. Who's with me? Let's get fit & healthy!


Today is February 12, 2013
-I am 5'7 and 192 lbs.
-I wear a size 14 pant size.
-My goal is to strength train, eat healthier, and get my 30 mins or more a day working out.
-My weight goal is 155 lbs by 2014. I know it is a large amount of time. But who am I racing? -If I am going to do this, I am going to do it right.
-Swimming, TurboFire, TotalGym, Ellipitcal, fast-paced walking, and strength training will be my excercise goals.


Last summer, I was down to 175 and I spun out of control when my back began bothering me. So here I am trying all over again,  but this time I have my challenge group from Beachbody to support me! Here we go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment