I have been enjoying my kitchen this year. It Has definitely been fun. The first dish I cooked last night was a squash casserole with onion, garlic, summer and zucchini squash, tomatoes, olive oil, fresh rosemary & thyme, 1/2 cup of parmasean and cheddar cheeses. Delicious. The only thing I will do differntly next time is let the dish marinate overnight for more flavor.
The second dish I made was my husband's gramma's "Hot Dish Casserole". Another great recipe with ground beef, cream of mushroom and chicken soups, chow mien and celery. It was deiffernt than our normal routine, but very delicious.

For my husband's 32nd birthday, I bought him a pressure canner. He has been wanting for years and I finally bit the bullet and purchased one. We are going to can everything we can this year to save on money. We need to buckle down on our budget and I have found the perfect ways to do it. I am very excited to make jams, sauces, soups and other foods from staple items. Pinterest has helped me out a lot with learning the basics and I'm eager to start.

No comments:
Post a Comment